Osteopathy is a hands-on, manual therapy which helps alleviate your musculoskeletal aches and pains.
As Osteopaths we believe structure governs function. If the structure is twisted or compressed, the blood and nerve supply to every organ and function of the body is affected causing a host of ailments.
I aim to restore balance by re-aligning your body through light manipulations, myofascial release, massage and neuro-muscular techniques to help bring patients a better quality of life.
Consultation & Treatments
At your first session (consultation) I will take a detailed case history of your ailment(s) and medical history. This will also include details on your diet and lifestyle.
A full postural and spinal examination will follow with orthopaedic tests (if needed). A diagnosis will be given after the examination.
Treatment usually takes place at the first appointment if appropriate and may include:
- Deep soft tissue and neuro-muscular massage to enhance the stretch and elasticity of your muscle tissue
- Mobilisation and light manipulation of your joints to assist postural correction
- Modern acupuncture on trigger points, if needed
- Advice of stretches and strengthening to help speed up your recovery
- Nutritional advice (if appropriate) for further benefit
How I can help
I can help if you're suffering from:
- Back and neck discomfort (acute and chronic)
- Headaches/MigrainesArthritic conditions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Strains, sprains and sports injuries
- Trapped nerve and Sciatica
- Stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow
- Hip/knee/leg pain
- Pregnancy related pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Whiplash injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
- Post-operative rehabilitation