Osteopathy is a hands- on, manual therapy which helps alleviate your musculoskeletal aches and pains.
As Osteopaths we believe structure governs function. If the structure is twisted or compressed, the blood and nerve supply to every organ and function of the body is affected causing a host of ailments.
I aim to restore balance by re-aligning your body through light manipulations, myofascial release, massage and neuro-muscular techniques to help bring patients a better quality of life.
During your initial consultation, I will obtain a comprehensive history including details on your lifestyle, diet and medication. I will observe and examine how your body moves through a focused physical examination.
Your treatment will include joint stretching, deep soft tissue techniques and manipulations. I will then discuss a management plan which will cover stretching, nutritional/ supplementation tips and advice to help speed up your recovery.
Consultation and treatments may include:
- At your first session (consultation) I will take a detailed case history of your ailment(s) and medical history. This will also
include details on your diet and lifestyle.
- A full postural and spinal examination will follow with orthopaedic tests (if needed). A diagnosis will be given after the
Treatment usually takes place at the first appointment if appropriate and may include:
- Deep soft tissue and neuro-muscular massage to enhance the stretch and elasticity of your muscle tissue
- Mobilisation and light manipulation of your joints to assist postural correction
- Modern acupuncture on trigger points, if needed
- Advice of stretches and strengthening to help speed up your recovery
- Nutritional advice (if appropriate) for further benefit
I can help if you’re suffering from
- Back and neck discomfort (acute and chronic)
- Headaches/MigrainesArthritic conditions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Strains, sprains and sports injuries
- Trapped nerve and Sciatica
- Stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow
- Hip/knee/leg pain
- Pregnancy related pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Whiplash injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
- Post-operative rehabilitation