Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Extreme Fatigue (tiredness)
- Increased sensitivity to pain
- Muscle stiffness
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Fibro-fog (problems with mental processes such as concentration and memory)
- Difficulty sleeping
What causes Fibromyalgia
The exact cause is unknown but in many cases the condition appears to be triggered by physically or emotionally stressful events such as:
- Breakdown of a relationship
- Death of a loved one
- Injury or infection
- Giving birth
Osteopathy and Fibromyalgia
Osteopathy works well for many patients with fibromyalgia. A combination of deep tissue techniques, mobilisation of joints and spinal alignment helps to increase mobility and eases muscle tension and joint pain. Many fibromyalgia patients use Osteopathy as a natural pain killer as it helps control and alleviate pain.